Robert Piper is the Assistant Secretary General of the United Nations Development Coordination Office in New York. Robert has a longstanding experience in international development, humanitarian response and peace building at the United Nations. In this episode, he explains the role of the UN Development Coordination Office, the background to the Talent roster and what kind of profiles he is looking for.
– Working with the United Nations is an incredible privilege and it is a badge of honor to be part of the UN and it comes with a set of values. So, I think you join the UN in whatever capacity whether you are a peacekeeper, a development coordinator like me, or a humanitarian you join the UN with a passion for what it represents, says Robert Piper.
- Sustainability2019.07.10We need a new mindset to advance the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and smart city initiatives
- Climate Change2019.07.09Indian summer: Why heat waves are bad for people and the economy
- Climate Change2019.07.08One climate crisis disaster happening every week, UN warns
- Projects2019.07.02Tesla batteries reach Eritrean villages in SolarCentury’s minigrids